The mission of Phenomenal Families is to prevent intergenerational system involvement and childhood adversity by equipping, educating, and empowering pregnant and parenting at-risk youth to flourish in their ultimate roles as parents.
OUR CORE VALUES AND BELIEFS
- Partnership: We are committed to harnessing the collective power of partnership by valuing our internal and external stakeholders' thoughts, ideas, and contributions for improving the lives of parenting youth and their families.
- Voice of Individuals: We strongly value the voice of individuals with personal lived experience in child-serving systems, and include them as partners in all aspects of leadership, program design, and service delivery.
- Shared Learning: We are committed to creating space where program participants, volunteers, and staff learn from each other and work together to devise the best solutions.
- Empowerment: We strive to equip families with the tools, resources, and encouragement necessary to feel empowered to be the best parents they can be.
- Inclusiveness: We embrace the diversity of our members and partners and welcome all individuals regardless of culture, disabilities, ethnic origin, gender, marital status, nationality, race, religion, sexual orientation, and socioeconomic status.